Flames of War – Terrain Table
I was planning on building and painting some Flames of War scenery, hills, buildings, forests, hedges, etc. You can’t play Flames of War without some terrain and scenery!
Recently I have found The Terrain Guy on You Tube, and he has inspired me to build a static terrain gaming table. The tables he builds are truly stunning.
I will start with a 4×4 table, then extend this to a full size 6×4 table. I want to include as much different types of scenery on this table as possible without over crowding the table, so have put together a list of possibilities.
- Different type of fields, grass, crops, etc.
- An area of woodland, may be a 12″ x 12″ Forest.
- Hedges and some Bocage.
- A hill or may be two, but definately some undulation.
- Road, maybe cobbles and a dirt track.
- Buildings, may be a small village of three to five buildings. Possibly some building destroyed.
My next phase is to plan this out on paper, and draw up a layout. This will be a back burner project through out the year, something for a change to painting Warmachine miniatures.